Increase credit limit is a good thing and should always be done to the maximum. The higher the credit limit, the better your credit score will be. This is a known fact. Hence, take advantage of this as much as possible. Usually, every 3 months or 6 months, depending on the credit card issuer, you need to give them a call or log-in your account. Simply tell them you want to increase your credit limit without a hard pull. That’s extremely important since a hard pull will lower your credit score.
Expect a Hard:
- Barclay’s Business (i.e. Bank Atlantic) – per call on, but soft when done to new account.
- Chase – always a hard pull
- Citi – hard pull is definite if they ask for income verification.
- Discover – hard pull at or beyond 15k
- FNBO – Always hard through form.
No Hard Pull:
- Juniper / Barclay’s – call the CSR on the back of your card and ask for an increase.
- Discover (personal) – credit limit increase $2K every six months by calling 1-800-DISCOVER. It’s a soft pull.
- US Bank (personal) – increase credit limit by 20% every 3 months with usage .
- Wells Fargo – Call CSR and ask for increase without hard pull. They might say “we have to hard pull” then just talk to another CSR later.
- USAA – Choose soft pull for additional review.
- Citi – You can do this within your online account. CLI is instant unless ask for income verification.
- AMEX – Use online form for no-hard CLI. If your credit limit is more than $25K, don’t bother asking. Otherwise they might reduce your credit limit.
- Bank of America – Use online form for no-hard CLI.
- WalMart – Use online form for no-hard CLI. Every 6 months usually.
- Principal – No credit check for pre-approved limit increase.
Chase Sapphire $100 Bonus
Currently, Chase Sapphire(SM) Card is giving away 10,000 Bonus Points after first purchase. The 10,000 bonus points can be cashed in for a $100 check. There is no annual fee with the Chase Sapphire Card. I personally have this card and got a $100 Check.
With the Chase Sapphire Card, you get 2X on all airfare booked through Ultimate Rewards. There is no earning caps, point expiration, or blackout dates. Also, earn 10x for every dollar when shopping at select merchant through Ultimate Rewards Mall and 1 point for every dollar on all other purchases. Chase gives you 24/7 Dedicated service advisor (No voice recording) with premier travel protection benefits.